Transport planning is an integral part of the development process – engineering involvement from the outset of a project can provide significant benefits towards the successful outcome of a proposal. The movement of people and vehicles both within a development and on the surrounding transport networks is a fundamental issue for all types of land uses.
With reference to the current local and national planning and policy guidance, Calcinotto regularly produces Transport Assessments, Transport Statements and Travel Plans to support all types of development proposals. We have the expert knowledge and skills necessary to model the proposed development transport implications. To undertake this type of work, we use Micro-Simulation software and comprehensive GIS analysis to replicate a proposal in the best possible context.
Calcinotto offers a full suite of transportation planning services to support all types of development and infrastructure projects. Our transport planning capabilities complement the other pre-planning services we offer, in order to provide a comprehensive integrated service to our clients.
- Site Access Appraisals
- Swept Path Analysis
- Travel Plans – residential and commercial
- Micro-Simulation Modelling
- Public Consultation
- Transport Assessments/Statements
- Accessibility Appraisals
- Transport Modelling
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Internal Site Layout Design Advice
- Traffic Surveys
- Value Engineering using 3D software
- Car Park Utilisation Assessments
- Park and Ride Feasibility Studies
- Negotiations with public transport providers
- Negotiations regarding planning agreements
For highways requirements associated with development proposals, whether large or small, Calcinotto regularly provide a comprehensive design service to relevant Highway Agency and Local Highway Authority standards, in order to obtain full Technical Approval and comply with Adoption procedures.
The company’s extensive depth of experience is complemented by the use of UK proprietary modelling software. Combined with our subscription to TRICS data, we are able to provide assessments and designs in accordance with current requirements.
We offer technical advice on:
- Feasibility Reports
- Access Studies
- Input to Environmental Impact Assessments
- Junction and Traffic Modelling Work
- Master-planning and Regeneration
- Planning Appeals – Professional Witness
- Pre-planning Consultation
- Road Safety Engineering
- Scoping Reports
- Traffic Calming Measures
- Advice on various Section Agreements, including 38, 171, 184 and 278