The role is to provide a pro-active supporting function to the senior level engineering staff and to take a leading role on specific tasks and projects. The successful candidate will be able to take responsibility for the management of the design process for a range of infrastructure (predominantly drainage) and private sector development schemes. The role sits between the Senior Engineers, Senior Technician and CAD Technician roles and the successful candidate will be expected to undertake, delegate and manage the activities and outputs of the more junior team members.
Key responsibilities / duties will include:
- Production Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements, Transportation Reports for submission to the Planning Authority to secure planning permission for clients development sites.
- Support the production of Drainage / Highway designs and provision for all types and scales of development projects and assist in securing S278/S38 (Highways Act) and S104/S106 (Water Act) technical approvals
- Initially there may be a need to produce drawings associated with work, therefore a sound understanding and use of ACAD will be required.
- Delegate and manage the CAD and technician resource in the delivery of outputs to agreed deadlines
- Liaise with the client and design teams on active projects and to manage and procure deliverables on time, reporting to the project manager.
- Deliver projects within budget constraints
The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of 3 years’ experience, post-graduation. The candidate will require:
- A HND/C or a degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent related qualification
- Experience of Drainage and Highways Sectional Agreements
- Have experience of preparing highway designs and specifications
- Have experience in detailed drainage and SuDs design using WINDES
- Experience of the delegation and management of technician and CAD resources
- Have excellent communication and written skills with the ability to both compile and check reports and applying QA procedures
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office programmes
- Be a competent user of ACAD and Civil 3D
- Have experience of DMRB Manual for Streets, British Standards and Sewers for Adoption
- Experience in working as part a design build project would be an advantage
The ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential. Exceptional attention to detail and strong presentation skills are also required.
Depending on Experience
How To Apply
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
No recruiters or agencies please.